Trade packages to boost depth

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
brandonbourassa
(@brandonbourassa)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I’m in a 12T, 9cat, H2H categories. I’m punting 3PM and FT%. 

My team is a bit top heavy at the moment with the likes of Bron, AD, Scottie Barnes, Butler, Horford and Bridges, but the rest Is average or below average guys with 4 guys that can be considered “upper level streamers” like Hayes or Melton, Adams, and Bruce Brown. With so many injury prone guys I need more depth to help support my team if they go down for periods of time. 

Since I’m lacking depth, i am willing to start looking at trade packages around Bridges, Horford, Melton and Barnes. For depth I should be targeting a 2 for 1 (right?), so what range of players should I be targeting? I know Bridges is my best trade piece at the moment, so what guys could I get back for him?

Thanks in advance!

Posted : 08/12/2022 7:41 pm
(@dbesbris)

I would caution you that hunting depth often backfires if you find guys on the wire later or if you decide you want to stream more slots as the playoffs approach...

Posted : 08/12/2022 8:34 pm
(@shaggyboo99)
Eminent Member

When I think of getting more depth, I think of splitting one of my top 30 players for 2 top 50 players who have a lesser injury risk down the line. I have the same punt situation, and am currently 5th in my 10t league (lost my first matchup 2-6 last week due to 7 or 8 injuries). 

Bridges fits very specific builds, and is slumping hard over the last few games so I don't think it'd be wise to offload him now unless you absolutely need to. I would instead focus on trading AD (I know how hard it is with the way he's dominating right now) for 2 top-tier players for your build. Off the top of my head, I can think of guys like Gobert, Zion, Siakam, Simmons, JJJ, Poeltl, Capela, Sabonis, etc. I would also seriously consider moving on from Butler if mitigating injury risk is a priority to you. You might be able to package AD and Butler for Haliburton and Siakam which I would easily take over AD and Butler any day of the week. It would help if you added a screenshot of your team though 🙂 Best of luck!

Posted : 08/12/2022 8:37 pm
Dan Besbris reacted
(@dbesbris)

@shaggyboo99 Nice post Shaggy!

Posted : 08/12/2022 9:16 pm
brandonbourassa
(@brandonbourassa)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@shaggyboo99 Hey thanks for the great post! Nice to see someone with the same build on here haha. 

I’m 6th in my league right now (out of 12), but have had a number of injuries to Bron, Butler and Poeltl. You said Bridges fit certain builds, do you think he doesn’t fit mine?

I was scared you would say that about Davis haha. As a Laker fan I LOVE watching him dominate in real life and for my fantasy team. But I know he is a risk, I just don’t know what kind of value to shop for. A first rounder and a third rounder maybe?

Here is the screenshot of my team. If you have any ideas on how to improve let me know! I’d love to hear it!

Posted : 09/12/2022 12:45 am
(@shaggyboo99)
Eminent Member

@brandonbourassa Hey Brandon, I appreciate the love!

In regards to the Bridges comment, I meant it in the sense that he has a very specific skillset that doesn't necessarily offer volume stats. Rather, I view him as someone who can round out certain stats (i.e. fg%, ft%, low turnovers, some points, rebs, assists, some steals and blocks here and there). In other words, certain teams value him highly while others not so much (I think he's the perfect piece for our punt). 

Although AD is putting up monster performances, I'd argue that he's at his highest value right now. The Lakers have found a new groove, Westbrook has found his role, and LeBron seems to be turning it around too. However, I tend to err on the side of raw fantasy value and the potential return you could get from a potential 2nd/3rd round player putting up 1st round value. I would certainly try to strike while the iron is hot, and shop him around. I think you could easily go for a late 1st round guy + a solid 3rd round player. Try targeting managers in your league with a bad record, as they'd be more willing to take on an a high injury risk player to benefit in the short term in exchange for safer value in the long term. Maybe the Giannis owner is panicking over his low rank? I would definitely take Giannis over AD for your build. I feel like a Gobert + Hali/Dejounte (or similar) pairing would work wonders for your build.

I see a few short-medium term streamers/fliers on your team that I'd look to get rid of for the sake of solidifying guaranteed roles ROS (Melton, Bruce Brown, Kyle Anderson, Deni Avdija). In terms of priority (i.e. striking while the iron is hot) I would look to move AD, Jimmy, then LeBron. 

Posted : 09/12/2022 3:26 am
Share: