John Collins vs Christian Wood

7 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
(@dan-mc)
Member Customer
Topic starter

Hi hoop ballers. 9 cat H2H, 12 team.
I have Christian Wood, and although John Collins probably won’t be as good as he was last season with the additions in Atlanta, I prefer Collins over Wood. I’m pretty sure Collins’ owner in my league would give him up for Wood and Bertans, but is that too much to pay?

I can use the slot to stream points and 3s with a combo of Joe Harris, Redick, Gordon etc. Thoughts?

Posted : 15/12/2020 1:00 pm
(@bh)
Member Customer

If you can get that deal go do it right now! Collins has a proven track record and there’s no guarantee Woods and Bertans get the same mins or usage from last year. 

Posted : 15/12/2020 2:42 pm
(@dbesbris)

Agree with Stars. Go get Collins.

Posted : 15/12/2020 3:21 pm
(@tongw)
Member Customer

I think Collins will be a bust.  added so many shooters, last seasons stats are inflated

Posted : 21/12/2020 12:45 am
(@andrew-dsilva)
Member Customer

I am on the team fade for Collins - there are just way too many guys that help Trae more than Collins on the team eg. Bogdan Gallo Reddish Hunter Capella Huerter. Gallo is a 4 and *should* get the lions share of minutes.

ATL are serious about winning games and making the playoffs so you gotta think they play their best lineups and "development" takes a back seat.

Wood should smash

Posted : 21/12/2020 4:45 am
(@tongw)
Member Customer

don’t get me wrong I think John Collins is a great fantasy asset but when he’s ranked 8 in 9cat per the B150, I think that’s just delusional.  No way am I taking him over trae young/ giannis. 

Posted : 21/12/2020 11:59 am
Aaron Bruski
(@bruski)
Reputable Member Admin

Hey guys, gotta keep the B150 ranks talk down in the forums. 🙂

I share some of the concerns about Collins and can add weird offseason adding to his position and extension talks to the list of concerns, too. But he's in a prime development curve and whether they want to trade or keep him, they're going to want to use him. And with Gallo getting minutes at the five, they're going to need his interior play and that's a phenomena we saw last season. It's steep in 9-cat, yes, but so goes the strength of his numbers. 

Posted : 21/12/2020 12:52 pm
Share: