What to do with my biggest trade chips?

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@shaggyboo99)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey folks,

I’m currently in a competitive 10T 9cat H2H league with the current punt strategy: points, 3ptm, ast, ft% 

Although it’s been extreme in terms of having highly concentrated big man stats with high steals and limited turnovers, I’ve been having great success. I haven’t yet lost, with my only close matchup being decided by a couple of steals. 

I’m looking to see what moves I can make with my biggest trade chips being LaMelo and Siakam, both of which I can comfortably move on from and get a lot better fits for my build. Who would you suggest that I target to take my team to that next level? I’ve attached my team in a photo.

Also, here are some notable waiver wire players I’ve been keeping an eye on: 

Andre Drummond, Jalen Duren, Gary Payton II, Mason Plumlee, Nick Richards, Caleb Martin, Onyeka Okongwu, Walker Kessler, Usman Garuba

Thank you for your time 🙂

Posted : 24/11/2022 4:01 am
Tut
 Tut
(@tut)
Member Customer

Hmmm punting that many categories would be quite difficult all season, as it leaves you with very little wiggle room. That said, if you're really keen on trading Lamelo and Siakam, at least wait for positive developments with regards to their injury status. Siakam appears close, while Lamelo's status is more nebulous. Better yet, once they're both healthy you could probably trade them for almost anyone especially if you package them together.

Posted : 24/11/2022 4:20 am
shaggyboo99 reacted
(@shaggyboo99)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@tut Yeah I’ve been hearing a lot about how hard it is to keep up such a heavy punt build, but I have a huge leg up in fg%, rebounds, steals, blocks, and turnovers when compared to the rest of my league

Posted : 24/11/2022 4:26 am
(@dbesbris)

I think Siakam is the move from that pair. He's a high-scoring, assisting big man who is sorta the opposite of what you want. I bet you can get almost anyone in the 30-50 range, so just hunt the boards for maybe a guard with high FG% that fits. 

Posted : 24/11/2022 12:18 pm
(@shaggyboo99)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@dbesbris Wouldn't it make more sense to trade LaMelo than Siakam? LaMelo is a huge fg% and turnover drain, and pretty much provides me with just rebounds and steals. On the other hand, Siakam is giving me a decent fg% along with rebounds.

The best thing about this entire predicament is that I drafted LaMelo with the intention to trade him, as I knew he didn't quite fit my build but has that name value, production, and flashiness that would attract other managers 🤣 For context, I traded away my #3 overall pick to the manager who had #8 on draft day, and couldn't be happier with how it turned out (although LaMelo's ankle stuff has been annoying). 

I was thinking of going all out and trading LaMelo for Bam and Jrue considering Bam is a buy low candidate for now. Oh how I wish LaMelo was healthy so I could pull it off 🙃 

This post was modified 1 year ago by shaggyboo99

Posted : 24/11/2022 5:22 pm
(@dbesbris)

Posted by: @shaggyboo99

@dbesbris Wouldn't it make more sense to trade LaMelo than Siakam? LaMelo is a huge fg% and turnover drain, and pretty much provides me with just rebounds and steals. On the other hand, Siakam is giving me a decent fg% along with rebounds.

The best thing about this entire predicament is that I drafted LaMelo with the intention to trade him, as I knew he didn't quite fit my build but has that name value, production, and flashiness that would attract other managers 🤣 For context, I traded away my #3 overall pick to the manager who had #8 on draft day, and couldn't be happier with how it turned out (although LaMelo's ankle stuff has been annoying). 

I was thinking of going all out and trading LaMelo for Bam and Jrue considering Bam is a buy low candidate for now. Oh how I wish LaMelo was healthy so I could pull it off 🙃 

LaMelo isn't going to get you much until people see what he's capable of this year.

Posted : 24/11/2022 5:57 pm
Share: