Clear all

Trade Steph and go Punt Points?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kentsy27)
Member Customer
Topic starter

My team's been losing points and threes for the past 3 weeks, and rank close to the bottom of the league in those categories. I however have Steph as my first pick. Feel like I'm wasting Steph's strong cats. Got offered my Steph and Suggs for Butler, John Collins, Mitch Rob.

My team: (14T)
Steph
DBook
CP3
Draymond
Robert Williams
Derrick White
Chris Boucher (ugh)
Keldon Johnson
DeAndre Hunter

By accepting the trade I'll probably also find a trade for DBook and lean punt points hard. Thoughts? Should I lean hard punt points and trade Steph and DBook? or keep trying to build around Steph?

Posted : 09/11/2021 9:36 pm
(@zkutchin)
Member Customer

Ive done this strategy before and it’s very fun and has almost always secured playoff berth and sometimes a bye week seed. It frustrates my league so much because the team always looks bad on paper but manages to win 5-6 cats every week. Punting points is counterintuitive to basketball.

If you lean into that build, you sort of intentionally start punting assist as well…the build caters to efficient big men. The key is to get make sure your guards/swings get lots of steals, and your big men can hit FTs. When I do this build, I almost always pace the league every week in FG%, Blocks, and TOs

Posted : 09/11/2021 11:13 pm
Share: