ESPN NBA Fantasy League $50 10-Team 8-Cat H2H Auction

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@carpcommissioner)
Member Customer
Topic starter

Hi all

We have a couple of vacancies to fill in a long-running ESPN fantasy basketball league. The league has always been competitive and is played in good spirits, generally amongst a group of friends within Australia. This year, the friends group have been ‘exhausted’ and hence we’ve had to turn our search to the online forums!

The league buy-in is $50, all of which is returned as prizes to the top-3. The format is: 10-Team, 13 roster spaces plus 1 IR, 8-Category H2H, playoffs end at the end of March 2020, daily lineup lock, no overall acquisition limits but a 4 per week acquisition limit (designed to reduce advantage sought by very active ‘streamers’).

To this point (as played mostly amongst friends) the buy-in has been paid by EFT within Aus to the Commissioner (who holds the funds in a spare bank account until end of season). If that is a problem for others joining, suggestions will be taken into consideration.

There is a slight preference for Australian (or even Adelaide) participants, but we will not discriminate. Pretty much a first-come first-serve arrangement.

If interested, let me know and I will email the league invitation. Likewise, any questions just post to this thread and I will respond.

Cheers

Posted : 25/09/2019 4:39 pm
(@robinofthehood)
Member Customer

I’m on the other side of the world in Canada, but I’d like to get in on an auction league depending on when the auction will be. Please let me know. Thanks dutchflight2003@yahoo.ca

Posted : 25/09/2019 6:28 pm
(@carpcommissioner)
Member Customer
Topic starter

Hi Robin
Thanks for getting in touch. The auction time has not yet been set, but it will likely be on Sunday 20th October (Australia time). We have had friends in the league that have been overseas in the past (California and London) and we found the best time for everyone was in the Australian morning, which was evening in the US. I will need to check time zones, but I am sure it can be made to work. Let me know if you'd like further information, or otherwise if you are keen to join then I will email you with the league invitation.
Regards, CarpCommissioner (Carp League)

Posted : 25/09/2019 6:41 pm
(@carpcommissioner)
Member Customer
Topic starter

With the power of the Hoop-Ball forum, one place in the league has already been filled!
We only need 2 more participants to fill out the league.
If you need any motivation, I suggest you all listen to Dan's podcast yesterday with Erik Ong which included discussion on the fun and nuance of auction leagues. Anyone who is keen, just post to this forum and I will respond to any league queries as soon as possible.

Posted : 25/09/2019 7:53 pm
(@chessari-am)
Member Customer

Hey mate, I'm in Sydney and have been looking for an aussie league, so I'd be keen for this! Let me know via PM

Posted : 26/09/2019 6:48 am
(@carpcommissioner)
Member Customer
Topic starter

Hi Chezam

Yes we still have those two places remaining and you are welcome to take one of those up for sure. I will PM you. It looks like the league will be full within a couple of days, which is great. The auction is currently set for what will be Sunday 20th October at 9:30am Sydney time.

Posted : 26/09/2019 12:33 pm
(@townsendbroad)
Member Customer

I live on the west coast of the united states (pacific time) but would love to join if there is spots available and we can make the auction time work. You can contact me at Townsendbroad@gmail.com. Thanks!

Posted : 26/09/2019 10:37 pm
(@carpcommissioner)
Member Customer
Topic starter

Hey, yes that sounds great - you will likely be the 10th (out of 10) manager in this league. I will email the league invitation to you via the ESPN fantasy platform. Robin is from Canada and is also on Pacific Time (the same time presumably), so that will work out perfectly assuming the afternoon/evening auction time suits you.

I believe the league is now full! Having said that, I haven't yet collected all of the entry fees. I will be making sure all entry fees are paid ASAP before the season so that everyone has comfort that it's a fully paid up league. For anyone else that remains interested in this league, please don't hesitate to speak up in case a vacancy becomes available.

Posted : 27/09/2019 12:44 am
(@carpcommissioner)
Member Customer
Topic starter

Hey all
Just confirming that the final 3 places in this league have now been taken up with people from the Hoop-Ball forum.

I am still in the process of collecting entry payments from a couple of participants. I don’t foresee there being any issues, but nonetheless don’t hesitate to reach out if you’re still interested in joining. I will keep a list of any extra people that are interested as ‘backups’ in case a vacancy arises prior to the auction in a few weeks.

Good luck with all your leagues this year.

Posted : 27/09/2019 7:45 am
(@carpcommissioner)
Member Customer
Topic starter

Hey everyone
As it turns out we have one place still available in this league. It’s competitive auction league that has been running for 7 years. Most of the league are keen but casual NBA fantasy managers, so Hoop-Ballers would have a pretty good shot at the championship!
Anyone that’s interested, let me know.
CarpCommissioner

Posted : 29/09/2019 11:50 am
Share: