6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Tommy Twoblunts
(@tommy-twoblunts)
Member Customer
Topic starter

Hey Dudes and Dudettes..

Would love your opinions.  Got the first pick in a 14 team H2H 9cat draft and have been offered this trade.

Incoming Draft Picks

Outgoing Draft Picks Draft Picks

Essentially, would you rather have this:

14, 15, 28, 29, 42, 84, 85....

OR

1, 28, 29, 56, 57, 84, 85....

Cheers for your help!

Posted : 29/11/2020 7:32 pm
 andy
(@andy)
Member Customer

I'd find it hard to give up #1, when your first pick will be 14. Don't think 14 & 15 outweigh 1 for me.

Posted : 29/11/2020 8:00 pm
(@capt-caineghis)
Member Customer

I’d prefer the no1 pick as well. While Harden does come with a bit less certainty this year, with trade potential and increase mileage, but if things stay relatively the same, he’s so far ahead of everyone else, that he can afford to lose some value and still be no1.

The case for the other option is increased depth in your top5 picks, which gives you more stability if one of your top guys gets hurt, but also, when you get down into picks 14 and 15, things get murky with guys like Beal, PG, Embiid, Collins, Irving and Jimmy - a bit of a risky bunch (or in the case of Beal and Collins, guys who are going to lose some value). 

Give me Harden.

Posted : 29/11/2020 9:22 pm
Tommy Twoblunts
(@tommy-twoblunts)
Member Customer
Topic starter

Thanks for taking your time guys!

I have another question I would like your opinions on.

If you took Harden at 1, who would you look to target at 28,29?

Posted : 30/11/2020 12:55 am
(@capt-caineghis)
Member Customer

Usually if you want two elite point guards, you're going to have to take them in the first 4-5 rounds, so I'd grab another one at 28 or 29 and use my other pick on a solid big.

If you're drafting on Yahoo, some players I like who are typically available in that range are the following, but this will change as we get closer to the start of the season:

Bigs: Vooch, Nurkic, Drummond, Gobert

Guards: SGA, CP3, FVV, LaVine, Lowry

Drummond and Gobert are great for anchoring down your center spot, but you probably want to steer away from them because they're going to negate your elite FT%, one of Harden's best categories.

I'd probably go: Harden and Vooch with dealer's choice for the second guard.

Posted : 30/11/2020 1:52 am
(@damion-mitchell)
Hoop Baller Customer

I definitely  would prefer  the #1 pick because it takes the guessing out especially  if you have a  unanimous pick and strategy your using. An your locking up one of the best players in the league that can help you in multiple categories. 

Posted : 30/11/2020 3:29 am
Share: